The 3 Peaks 24 Hour Challenge
England, Scotland and Wales
MAY, JUN, JUL, AUG, SEPT, OCT
About this Adventure
The Three Peaks (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon) are the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales.
The challenge is to climb each of these three peaks – one after the other!
- Guiding on all 3 peaks by experienced mountain leaders.
- 26 miles (42km) total horizontal distance, 3,000m (9,843ft) of vertical ascent, 3 peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of these dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if that’s what you’re looking for let us know.
- Pick-up from the Worcester area and other points along the route provide you with several different options; just choose the most convenient for you. See our Transport Explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with lots of 3 Peaks experience. Please note: for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Pre-set, dates for individuals to join, or bespoke events for groups of 8 or more. Get in touch if the date you want is not listed.
- We have many years’ experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours. Some groups will take less time, others more; the tter your entire group, the more likely that you will ful l the challenge!
- You must have a good level of fitness.
The Three Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales in ‘one go’. The three peaks are: Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England, and Snowdon in Wales. Other bespoke options are available, including doing the challenge from south to north. To discuss alternatives or any other ideas you may have feel free to call our friendly team.
We travel to Fort William on the Friday, starting with Ben Nevis on the Saturday morning. We climb Scafell Pike Saturday night and nish Snowdon on Sunday, in Wales. This is a tough event, participants should have the necessary tness and be prepared to go without some sleep! If your aim is to complete the event in 24 hours, then we will need to complete Ben Nevis in 5.5 hours, Scafell Pike in 4.5 hours and Snowdon in 4 hours. The standard for measuring your of cial total time over the event is 14 hours mountain time, plus a xed 10-hour drive time. The challenge is supported by quali ed mountain leaders and a driver will be with you throughout. We will do everything we can to enable you to complete the challenge as quickly as possible.
We have many years’ experience in delivering this challenge. Over the years thousands of people have completed the event with us and we’d be delighted to help you with yours! If you want to do this challenge, but think that you might benefit from sleep in between each peak, we do offer this event over more relaxed timescales. For further details see our 3 Day, 3 Peaks and 5 Day, 3 Peaks options.