The 3 Peaks 3 Day Challenge
England, Scotland and Wales
DATES IN 2018:
12 – 15 JULY
09 – 12 AUGUST
27 – 30 SEPTEMBER
About this Adventure
The Three Peaks (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon) are the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales.
The Challenge is to climb these three peaks, one each day.
- Guiding on all 3 Peaks by experienced mountain leaders.
- 26 miles (42km) total horizontal distance, 3,000m (9,843ft) of vertical ascent, 3 peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of these dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if that’s what you’re looking for let us know.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs along the route provide you with several different options; just choose the most convenient for you. See our Transport Explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with lots of 3 Peaks experience. Please note: for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Pre-set, dates for individuals to join, or bespoke events for groups of 8 or more. Get in touch if the date you want is not listed.
- We have many years’ experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours. Some groups will take less time, others more; the tter your entire group, the more likely that you will ful l the challenge!
- You must have a good level of fitness.
The 3 Day 3 Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales over 3 days, one each day, whilst taking in the magni cent scenery these peaks have to offer. The three peaks are: Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England, and Snowdon in Wales, and we complete them in that order.
We travel to Fort William on the Thursday, starting with Ben Nevis on the Friday morning, climb Scafell Pike Saturday and nish Snowdon on Sunday in Wales! Even though this is a more relaxed timescale than the 3 Peaks Challenge, this is a tiring event and people participating should have the necessary tness. We aim to complete each of the mountains within 6-8 hours; however this will depend upon the speed of the group. The course is guided by experienced mountain leaders and there is a transport vehicle with separate driver with you throughout the challenge.