The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough
MODERATE – CHALLENGING
DATES IN 2018:
15 – 17 JUNE
22 – 24 JUNE
06 – 08 JULY
27 – 29 JULY
03 – 05 AUGUST
24 – 26 AUGUST
14 – 16 SEPTEMBER
About this Adventure
To complete this route is to undertake one of the great outdoor challenges in the UK. It will be a tough day, but worth it for that feeling of satisfaction upon completion
- Guiding on all 3 peaks by experienced mountain leaders.
- 23 miles (37km) total horizontal distance, 1,381m (4,531ft) of vertical ascent, 3 peaks.
- Start & nish in Horton-in-Ribblesdale village. Amazing scenery through the Yorkshire Dales.
- This trip is best run between May and October. Outside of these dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if that’s what you’re looking for let us know.
- We have many years’ experience in providing this challenge.
- Expert driving team with lots of 3 Peaks experience. Please note: for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Pre-set, dates for individuals to join, or bespoke events for groups of 8 or more. Get in touch if the date you want is not listed.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 12 hours. Some groups will take less time, others more; the tter your entire group, the more likely that you will ful l the challenge!
- You must have a good level of fitness.
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge is without a doubt one of the most rewarding challenges in the UK. Starting and ending in Horton-in- Ribblesdale you take in the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire, Pen-y-ghent (694m), Whernside (736m) and Ingleborough (723m). The aim of the challenge is walk this 25 mile route within 12 hours!